Please read and carefully follow below instructions for voting. Note that your votes are not recorded until all the steps are completed.
1. Vote as early in the day as possible, to have more time to address any technical issues that might occur.
2. Once the election opens at 8:30 AM on election day, you will receive an email with the link to vote in to the email address with which you registered for the election. Election will ends at 2.30 PM on the same day. It might be received into the bulk/spam/junk/promotions folder in your inbox. Therefore if you don't find the mail in the inbox, please search in the above mentioned locations. E-Mail and the link in it is unique for each voter and therefore you will not be able to vote with an e-mail/link belonging to another voter.
3. Please follow the link included in the mail for voting, which will lead you to a sign in page.
4. Once the sign in page is loaded, please press the button on the page which will send a one-time password to your mobile phone.
Note that we are using an overseas service for election and the SMS is delivered from the origin country of the service.
Therefore there may be delays in receiving SMS. If you do not receive it in under a minute or two. Press the “resend” button.
In some cases even the “resend” does not work after a few minutes, please load the page again from the e-mail link and try again.
5. Once the one-time password is received, please enter it in the relevant field on the sign in page and submit.
6. Upon successful sign in, you will be presented with the ballot with the list of candidates that you can vote for.
7. On the ballot, please select the candidates to vote for by checking the check box in front of the candidate.
8. Number of candidates that you are allowed to vote for depends on your age group and will be displayed on the ballot.
9. If you wish to vote for none of the candidates, please select the “Abstain” option at the bottom of the candidates list.
10. Once you have selected the candidates for voting, press the continue button at the bottom of the page.
WARNING: Pressing continue does not complete voting. There are more steps to complete in order for your vote to be recorded.
11. Once the continue button is pressed, it will take you to a review page where you can review the candidates you have selected for voting.
As votes are still not recorded, if you choose to, you can go back to the ballot and change your votes by pressing the 'Edit' button.
12. Once you are satisfied with the candidates you have selected for voting, please press the ‘Submit’ button at the bottom of the review page. This will record your vote and take you to the confirmation page with a thanking message on the screen.
13. If you encounter any problems regarding the voting process, please contact us through the following hotlines or zoom link for assistance.
011 768 0701 – 011 768 0703
077 288 4156 / 077 288 4569
Zoom Link for assistance – https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87591975378?pwd=ZU9IRjVFQUV5dmxDS2RjUS81ZlhZQT09
The Annual General Meeting of the Royal College Union is Scheduled to be held as an In-Person Meeting (not online) on 1st October 2022 from 5.00 PM onwards in the Royal College Main Hall.
Your participation at the event is highly appreciated.
Royal College Union
Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of the Royal College Union (RCU) will be held on Saturday, 01st October 2022 at 5:00 p.m. at the College Hall and /or via Zoom Online meeting facility.
The exact modalities of the AGM will be notified one week prior to the above referred date, based on the prevailing situation in the country at the time.
The Agenda and the nomination forms for Age Groups will be available from 01st September 2022 for members to download and print from the RCU website.
Nominations for Age Groups should be submitted in hardcopy, to reach the undersigned on or before 12:00 noon on 21st September 2022 at the RCU office.
Minutes, reports and accounts will be made available to members at the Royal College Union office from 16th September 2022.
RCU will conduct its age group elections,via an online platform, for which voters are required to pre-register via the link indicated below. This link will be active until 12:00 noon on 28th September 2022. Kindly note that pre-registration is mandatory for voting. Access to voting will be enabled only upon verification of the details provided by you during the pre-registration. Providing inadequate, incorrect or false information will result in the disqualification of your vote and will result in further action, as deemed necessary. (http://rcu.lk/rcu-election-2022-registration/).
Voting for the Age Group representatives will commence at 8:30 a.m. and conclude at 2:30 p.m. on 01st October 2022.
Members seeking election to statutory committees of the Council, who are unable to be present at the Annual General Meeting should inform to the undersigned in writing their willingness to serve in such bodies in the event they are elected. Such notice should reach the undersigned by 26th September 2022.
Any resolutions to be tabled at the Annual General Meeting should also be received by the undersigned in writing, at the Royal College Union office not later than 16th September 2022.
Entry to the physical meeting will be on production of the Royal College Union Membership Card and National Identity Card, except in the case of new members whose Membership cards have not been issued. They should produce the original payment receipt for membership issued by the Union with the National Identity Card.
The Dress Code for the physical meeting is Office attire with College Tie.
Please note, all above times are in Sri Lanka standard time.
Col (Dr.) Hiran Wimalaratne
Royal College Union
27th August 2022
143rd Battle of the Blues, on 21st, 22nd & 23rd July at SSC Grounds.
Catch the action LIVE on Dialog Television Channel One & Ch. 140 HD, Dialog ViU App & ThePapare.com, 9:30 am onwards:
Coverage powered by Maliban Lemon Puff #RoyTho #BattleoftheBlues